We are currently seeking suitable candidates for the following post… if you have any problems with the online application, please Contact Us
Social Media, PR & IT Assistant
You can apply for this post if you are aged 16-24 and have been referred by the job-centre or DWP under the Government’s Kickstart scheme.
You can download the ‘Information for applicants’ and apply either using the links below or you can use the links contained in the downloaded document.
Kickstart: Social Media, PR & IT Assistant
Thank you for showing an interest in working for DAS (East Suffolk). We recommend that you read all the information here before making your application.
How to apply
It’s an online application process. You can apply using the links in this document, or direct from the links on our website. Please complete the application form and the diversity monitoring form.
Read the information at each section of the form so you understand what information we need from you.
You must complete the application form in one go as it can’t be saved and continued later. Below are the links to the forms:
If for any reason you can’t apply online, please email email@example.com for an application pack in an alternative format.
If you are interested, we recommend that you don’t delay in applying as we want someone in place as soon as possible and by the end of March if possible.
We are a small charity that makes a big impact. A small team of friendly, dedicated supportive paid staff and volunteers who work to empower and improve the lives of disabled people and carers in East Suffolk. We provide advice and practical help and support to our client base, including helping with benefits application forms, representing at benefit tribunals, and providing emergency grants in times of crisis.
If you are interested in working for us, we recommend that you look at our website to find out more about DAS (East Suffolk) so you can talk to us from a point of knowledge at your interview.
About the job
We are looking to recruit a Social Media/PR/IT Assistant who will:
- Help build and maintain our social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Assist in keeping our website up to date
- Publicise our service including creating and distributing posters – making links with GP surgeries, libraries, and other organisations
- Keep our IT and paper filing systems up to date including scanning and filing documents, moving files, and cleaning up spreadsheets
- Other admin/IT and telephone duties as required
|Minimum wage relative to your age
|25 pw (Mon-Thu) 9.30 – 4.15 (half hour unpaid lunchbreak) 6-month contract
|We are aiming for a start date between 1st March 2021 and 1st April 2021
DAS is a great place to work and we are committed to developing our staff and volunteers. If you are successful in your application, we will give you a range of development opportunities including formal training, coaching, and on the job support to improve your skills and employability.
We will put you through a formal training programme including training on communication, problem solving, creativity, and planning for the future and technology. We will also include sessions on looking after your well-being at work.
We will support you with developing your CV, job search and interview skills to help you improve your opportunities at the end of the 6 months.
To be successful in your application you will be aged 16-24, be applying as part of the Government’s Kickstart scheme and:
- have a grade C (or grade 4) in GCSE English or equivalent
- be able to write clearly and persuasively to sell yourself to us
- have keyboard skills and be able to use IT sufficiently to produce word documents
- have experience of using at least one social media platform (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) and be able to describe how you use it
- be confident talking to people on the phone
- be enthusiastic about working to improve the lives of disabled people and their carers
- be committed to your own personal development
- be able to work (after training) without close supervision, in a busy office, alongside others who are working on different tasks
- be able to adapt your ways of working to evolving Covid-19 requirements and guidance.
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you soon.
Jo Bowen, Manager
If you have any questions or need the forms in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org